Monday, April 20, 2009

another stepping stone







this is a picture of my mother wearing my beanie, she didnt like how she looked in it.  but i thought it was cute so i took her picture.  we shared many hard times but i'm glad that i'm her daughter.  i'll truly miss her when she moves.  i hope she'll be okay in the cold weather.  i'm really worried for her.  i wish her happiness in her new home.  



another chapter of my life has opened up and i'm extremely anxious to start it.  my parents are relocating to portland, oregon at the end of this month and i'm being left here (in las vegas) since i only have another year left of school.  

yesterday i found a place to stay with a stranger that was nice enough to open her home to me.  after meeting her for a brief moment she already felt welcoming and warm.  im usually paranoid when it comes to strangers but i think she and i will get along really well.  

i feel like upon starting this new adventure of my life my youth will slowly deteriorate.  in about a week i will no longer be living with my parents.  i'm sure every 21 year old is excited to get out of the house but not me.  home with my parents is like a shelter and a protector.  after being out on my own i wont have that security.  

but new oportunities have arrived and a new beginning starts soon for me. and i'll embrace every moment with open arms and a open mind.   



<3


2 comments:

  1. hi aunty!
    haha

    congratulations (again) on your new place!
    i am very proud of you shaina, you are really doing this and being so great about it. i too, am so stuck with the fact of living at home, but i think you will do just fine!
    it will be scary i bet, but exciting and new! and thats always an adventure! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. You and your friend Aron seem like great people. Your parents are moving to Portland? I think they will like it here, especially right now while the sun is shining. Good luck living on your own, I'm sure you'll enjoy it once you get used to it!

    <3
    debbie

    ReplyDelete